Health & Wellbeing Program Co-ordinator
Friday 11 June 2021
About the Position
Te Manu Toroa is a progressive Kaupapa Māori health care provider in the Bay of plenty committed to providing hauora services to our local communities.
We are looking to recruit 1x full time individual to join our Primary Mental Health team, in the role of Health and Wellbeing Program Co-Ordinator, Monday to Friday.
As a focused, highly organised, and self-motivated Healthy Lifestyle Coordinator, you will be required to plan, develop, and deliver innovative programs for our adult and youth clients. The programs will have a focus on healthy lifestyles, nutrition, socialisation and monitoring health (BMI, Weight, Fitness Level and progress) and wellbeing.
You will build and maintain relationships, and be required to work closely with the Primary Mental Health & Wellbeing Coordinator and Therapist.
The successful candidate will bring energy and enthusiasm into this role, will be service oriented, possess exceptional people skills and be passionate about providing quality programs for our clients.
- Must have a Level 4 Mental Health & Addictions Qualification
- Experience and/or a qualification in Health & Wellbeing / Fitness / Sports
- Have or working toward tertiary qualification in the field of Health & Wellbeing / Fitness / Sports
- Experience in Health & Fitness assessments / screening tools / lifestyle goal planning
- Experience working with youth
- Programme coordination and group facilitation
- Clean, full New Zealand Driver’s License
- Clearance to work with vulnerable people/children
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- A passion for working with adults and youth consumers of Mental Health Services
- Understand the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi and how these relate to service delivery in Māori communities.
- Ability to work within a team environment and independently when required
- Proficient Computer skills
In addition, experience and understanding of working with Māori and with a diverse range of cultures is a requirement of the position.