ICAMHS Peer Support
Thursday 18th March 2021
About the Position
This is a permanent full time position delivered Monday through Friday.
As a focused, highly organised, and a self-motivated Peer Support you will be required to plan, develop, and deliver an innovative activities programme focussing on recovery, resilience and character building, Healthy Lifestyles, Nutrition and positive socialisation.
You will build and maintain relationships, and be required to work closely with the ICAMHS Case Manager and Whānau Support Kaimahi.
The successful candidate will bring energy and enthusiasm into this role, will be service oriented, possess exceptional people skills and be passionate about providing quality programs for youth.
• Level 4 Mental Health & Addiction Support Certificate
• Clean, full drivers license
• Clearance to work with vulnerable children
• Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
• A passion for working with youth consumers of Mental Health Services
• Ability to work within a team environment and as an independently when required
• Proficient Computer skills
Preferred but not Essential:
• Experience and/or qualification in Health & Wellbeing/Fitness/Sports
• Experience in Health & Fitness assessments/ screening tools/ lifestyle goal planning
• Experience in programme coordination and group facilitation
Te Manu Toroa is a smoke free organisation
Applicants can forward a CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Close: Thursday 18th March 2021.
The application form will include these questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Do you have a current New Zealand driver’s licence?
- Do you have experience working with children?