Community Specialist Services
Our Dietitian Service offers a free, community based assessment and treatment for nutrition-related health problems. Specifically for conditions such as Diabetes, Obesity and Heart Disease.
Eligibility criteria include:
- Clients enrolled with a GP Practice within the Western BOP region
- High need overweight individuals with comorbidities related to / affected by their weight
- Type 2 Diabetes patients who have completed the Diabetes Wellness Course but need extra support OR those who are not able to participate in the Diabetes Wellness Course
- Those diagnosed with impaired Glucose Tolerance (pre-diabetes)
- Those with a cardiovascular risk factor above 15%
A personalised Nutrition Care Plan with goals will be developed after a comprehensive assessment. Follow-up visits will be arranged for ongoing support and progress monitoring. We will assist you and your whanau towards achieving better health, wellbeing, productivity and lifestyle.
Your family GP will be kept informed and involved as your primary medical caregiver, even if they did not make the initial referral.
Referrals are accepted from health professionals including your GP, Specialist or other Community Organisations. You and your whānau can also self-refer.
This service is available for anyone with nutrition-related health problems.
Our Dietitian Service covers the Western Bay of Plenty region
This service is free of charge for all eligible persons.
10 Tebbs Lane
Phone: 07 571 5830
Call a GP after hours clinic
Refer emergency services on 111.
Make an Enquiry
The health of your whānau is important to us. If you have any health concerns please contact us to arrange a clinic booking or mobile services visit.