• Cabinet reviewed the COVID 19 alert level situation today and have advised that current alert levels will be extended and reviewed on 21 September with any changes coming into effect at 23.59 on Wednesday the 23rd of September.
• Whilst physical distancing requirements on public transport has been eased and there is no longer the need to limit passenger capacity, face coverings will remain compulsory on public transport
• There is one new community case reported today. The case has an epidemiological link to an existing case associated with the Botany sub-cluster
• Three people are receiving hospital care – two patients in ICU/HDU and one in a general ward
• New Zealand currently has 96 active cases of which 57 are linked to community transmission