ALERT LEVEL UPDATE:
– Auckland will stay at Alert Level 3 until 11.59pm on 30 August 2020. The rest of the country will remain at Alert Level 2.
– Travel in and out of Auckland will remain restricted until 11.59pm on 30 August 2020. After 30 August, the checkpoints will go, and inter-regional travel will be possible.
– There will be additional restrictions on gatherings in Auckland under Alert Level 2. At Alert Level 2 in Auckland gatherings will continue to be limited to 10 people.
– Funerals and tangihanga will be limited to 50 people, and have to meet other conditions set by the Ministry of Health. Outside Auckland, gatherings such as church services and social events will continue to be limited to 100 people.
– Face covering or masks will be mandatory on public transport. New Zealanders will have to wear a face covering on buses, trains, ferries, planes, taxis and Ubers. This requirement will take effect from 11.59pm on 30 August 2020.
– The display of QR codes will be mandatory for businesses and other venues at all Alert Levels.