He pānui tēnei e pā ana ki te CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19).
As at 1:00pm Thursday the 27th of February, there are no confirmed cases of coronavirus in Aotearoa New Zealand.
For the first time since the first identified case of Coronavirus in December 2019 there have been more new cases reported from countries outside of China than from China.
Healthline has a dedicated COVID-19 (Coronavirus) number – 0800 358 5453. This is free and available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- People who suspect they may have come in contact with the virus, or are displaying coronavirus like symptoms are encouraged to call the 0800 number above.
- The Ministry of Health also advises all people who suspect they may have come in contact with the virus, to call the healthline support before visiting your GP.
Whilst the best prevention is to avoid being exposed to the virus altogether, there are a number simple of things that whānau can do to reduce the risk of infection
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Stay home when you are sick
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, and discard
- Practice good hygiene habits like washing hands properly.
Kia mataara koutou
Mauri Ora ki a tātou